Chase The Kangaroo – the iconic 3rd full studio album by The Choir was released in 1988. We (Derri Daugherty, Steve Hindalong, Dan Michaels along with Lisa Michaels) are seeking your support to re-issue and remaster this long out of print title on VINYL and CD.
The VINYL and CD will be remastered specifically for their formats by UK based Nigel Palmer at Lowland Masters. Other rewards will include T-Shirts // a limited edition collectable engraved wooden box for your vinyl // a very special band commentary from 2005 that includes Tim Chandler // Your name in the art (Everybody In the Band Appreciates *Your Name) // hand-written lyric sheets as well as experiences with the band. We hope you will join us on this campaign and breathe new life into this album.
We’ve heard your stories over the years. Many discovered The Choir for the first time with Chase The Kangaroo. Many have carried the songs from this album in their hearts for decades. We are humbled and honored. CTK has been the most requested project to be re-issued for VINYL and CD and we’re so excited to finally move forward with it.
With gratitude – Derri, Steve, Dan & Lisa.
Click HERE to check it out
Click HERE to check it out
*IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT REWARD PACKAGES AND ADD ON OPTIONS
There are many reward level options – from a single CD to various levels of merch and experiences. You might not find one that that suites you exactly. But there are “add on” options that you can select for any package – large or small.
Add on items include:
- Etched Wooden Vinyl Storage Box Collectable
- Personalized Song Written About You To The Tune Of “Everybody In The Band” digital download
- Hand-written & Autographed Lyric Sheet
- Single Oceana, Opaque Galaxy or Black Vinyl (signed or unsigned)
- Thank You in the credits for CD & Vinyl
- CD (signed or unsigned)
- CTK T-Shirt
- Chase The Kangaroo “Hatch Show Print” *design TBD (We’re very excited to be doing a HSP poster. Hatch Show Print, a working letterpress Nashville print shop since 1879, uses its vast collection of vintage type and hand-carved imagery to create timeless designs that express and commemorate America’s evolving cultural identity. Due to their popularity, HSP design takes 3-4 months so we are unable to show the final product. It will contain the copy: The Choir / Shovel Go Deep / Heart Be True / Chase The Kangaroo)
Why is there no digital download option? We do not own the master or rights to CTK, but the record label is graciously allowing us to purchase the newly manufactured physical products. We (Steve, Derri, Dan) are personally overseeing the remastering and and art design.